Poppyseeds Home Food BBA Seasonal Adventures Polish Italian Holidays Random

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cinnamon-Raisin Graham Bread

Graham Crackers.  That's all I knew about "graham"--until I got a bag of graham flour as part of a really creative, fun birthday present!  I researched it and found it's a whole-wheat flour that's milled very coarsely.
Lucky for me there was a recipe right on the bag that sounded good.  It's Cinnamon-Raisin Graham Bread.  The ingredients include cinnamon, ginger, molasses and a cup of raisins as well as the expected other bread ingredients.  I started up my Kitchen-Aid and  said, "Let's try this right now."  The bread was delicious!  It was moist and hearty.  I could have added even more raisins.  They add a nice sweetness along with the molasses.  If anyone out there wants to try the flour, I recommend the recipe on the bag.  Thanks C & K!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Glad you liked it. I really liked it as well. The next installment is around the corner is it not?
Carson