Poppyseeds Home Food BBA Seasonal Adventures Polish Italian Holidays Random

Sunday, February 28, 2010

2010 Knitting Olympics

I made it!  I finished my project for 2010 Knitting Olympics!  I committed to knitting a helmet liner.  This was a project I read about on the site of a nice little yarn shop in Maryland.  Any knitter wanting to knit and send a helmet liner to our troops in Afghanistan check out this site for a free pattern.  I haven't made it to the shop yet--a lot of snow in our area kept me from visiting a couple shops I'm wanting to get to.  But the snow has cleared and my helmet liner has been completed.
I hadn't attempted this type of project before.  It turned out to be a well-fitting pattern that would keep anyone warm out in a windy-cold area.  The front can be pulled up under your eyes or pulled under your chin, depending on how much coverage you want for your face.  I think any outdoorsman who goes out in severe weather would appreciate one of these. The pattern could be changed and different colors used to adapt this for just playing in the snow--a much less serious use for it.  I have enough yarn to make two more just like it for donation. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations from "the olympic dropout."

poppyseed said...

Maybe it'll work out better next time!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck in the judging. I think it's better work and cause than that leaf sweater on the main site. Go USA!
-Carson
PS-Anonymous is just easier, so I'll just sign my posts.

poppyseed said...

Hey thanks!