Poppyseeds Home Food BBA Seasonal Adventures Polish Italian Holidays Random

Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Year of Breads

The September bread:  Potato Rosemary Bread

 Potato Rosemary bread turned out sooo good.
It required making a biga (a starter) the day before and adding the bread ingredients to it the second day.  The dough was soft and easy to work with.  I added rosemary but left out the garlic, which was optional.  I wanted just the clean rosemary flavor in this bread and was glad I left it out.  I might add a little more salt to the recipe next time.  It turned out moist and chewy.  Dipping pieces in salted olive oil was delicious. 





We are going to make at least one new bread a month for a year.  When I make any with my own adjustments, I'll share the recipe here.

No comments: