Poppyseeds Home Food BBA Seasonal Adventures Polish Italian Holidays Random

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Baltimore weekend

I took a long weekend to spend in Baltimore for my daughter's birthday.  It turned out to be a little holiday for me.  While she worked I spent the day in Fell's Point.  I visited all the little shops there and walked along the water and hung out in coffee shops.  We met for lunch at Shucker's on the water.  I had no problem filling the hours.  I particularly enjoyed a little yarn shop on Aliceanna called A Good Yarn.  I would spend many hours in this shop if I lived nearby.  They hold knitting classes and allow knitters to just come in the shop and knit with others to learn from and share with.  The yarns were beautiful and I came home with a new supply of sock yarn and a kit to make a really cute hat.


 In the afternoon I walked up to Harbor East where there are more nice stores.  I found coarse grind cornmeal and almond flour for baking in Whole Foods Market, a store I wish we had here in our area.
We worked on Laura's new house over the weekend and got another room painted.  It turned out really pretty and will appear on her site later.  The highlight of the weekend was dinner at Volt Restaurant in downtown Frederick, MD. 

No comments: