Poppyseeds Home Food BBA Seasonal Adventures Polish Italian Holidays Random

Monday, August 1, 2011

Staying Cool While Knitting

August 1 is no time to be sitting on this deck knitting little bootees.  It's probably over a 100 deg. out with a warm breeze.  But a new little grandbaby is on the way and the bootees have to be knit.   I 'm in and out of the pool to cool off and back on the shady deck to knit. Don't feel like stopping to make lunch and my husband comes out with just the perfect snack. This is why we're still together after more than 40 years.  That and he makes me tea every morning.
Honestly, nothing beats fresh fruit just as it is on a hot day.  Summer cobblers and pies are delicious but since I'm eating healthier my tastes have changed some.  I love the clean taste of just the fruit.  And it's beautiful.

Finished the bootees--for a little boy.  And I'm already starting on two more pair.
Hubby is grilling hamburgers.  I'll get back to cooking tomorrow.

1 comment:

Flying free said...

AWE!!!!!! I love your post! I love your booties! Baby boy will love them! He's so blessed already!